Hungry Hungry Hippos

Here's what I took to lunch today. Felt really good to be healthy again and bring my own food. As healthy as food can be in the cafeteria at work nothing beats bringing in your own food!

I also have been saving a little bit of my lunch everyday to eat right before I leave the office. On days I go grocery shopping, this prevents HUNGRY SHOPPING (how much do you do that?) and on days I work out, I don't feel like I need to eat when I get home and can get right to the gym.

By the way, as a snack, tomatoes with black pepper on top of them are DELICIOUS! I also drank a ridiculous amount of water today which always give me extra energy and makes me less hungry. Who knew?

5 comments:

Esha said...

You are so adorable V! I really hope this works out for you. Btw, I see that you you're not eating rice, or roti's with your dal. While this is good, because carbs are fillers, you should stick to a little bit of whole wheat bread, or bagels, or even whole wheat thin roti's. I've started the eating plenty of dals and veggies with a little bit of roti and giving up rice completely thing. It's super hard though! :)

archana said...

red peppers are yummy snacks too :)

Unknown said...

Hungry shopping is so fun, but also expensive and can lead to not-hungry eating.

If I were you, I'd take all my meals at a certain Clark and Wrightwood circle. All of them. With a chocolate shake.

Vindhya said...

almonds, peanuts, with dried fruit is a great and filling snack before the gym or grocery shopping. Snap peas are a favorite dipping snack, also good steamed.!

Esha said...

Edamame!