The 1st Annual (V)Love Awards

First off, like Nirvana, I am all apologies. I now owe basically all my readers dinner. Remind me and you can collect someday. I have this mental issue where I can blog for a couple days, then I think of amazing topics and content in the car but when I sit down nothing comes out (or what does come out is not good enough to me.) Anyway, I was talking to Swats last night about people that we admire in our lives and I an idea struck me square in the face.

Why not come up with annual awards for people that have made a difference or have influenced my life? At first I thought having something like "The (V)Love Award" would go to the person that has shown the most amount of altruistic love and selflessness to people that I know. But then I realized that this could go on and on. I could give a "Flava in Your Ear" Award to the person that has been the best listener to me this year. I could give a "Dr. Phil Award" to the person that has given me the best advice this year. How about a "Michael Richards Award" to the biggest asshole in my life this year. And I am not just talking about posting this online or sending out an email. I want to actually get trophies or plaques for these people. Here are some other categories I thought about:

The (V)Love Award: most altruistic and selfless person of the year
Flava in Your Ear Award: best listener
Dr. Phil Award: best advice giver
Be Like Mike Award: person I strive to be more like
Kobayashi Award: favorite eating partner
Diabetes Award: always making others smile, basically the sweetest person

Urkel Award:
the person that urked the shit out of me the most
Kramer Award: biggest asshole I've been around

You got any more for me? I guess whether I do the first annual (V)Love Awards or not doesn't really matter but just thinking about them since last night has really got me thinking about how specifically people around me make a difference and influence my life. What awards would you make for your life? And among people we both many know, who would you nominate from my list?

4 comments:

archana said...

this is a wonderful idea. i have no suggestions for nominees because i am fickle like that and think we know far too many awesome ppl who deserve ALL of them!

but i'd love to hear the final cut :)

Sheets said...

Some more awards:

Fuzzy Slipper award: to the person you are most comfortable around

the YAH US award: for most improved and fostered relationship over the last year
(could also be called "Welcome Back" for a rekindled relationship)

Rewind award: if you were to rewind the past year, the one person you would not redo the year without

Roonie said...

I think we only have a very few people in common, but I don't know any of them well enough to give them any of those awards!

Vaman said...

sheets - great ideas. you are very clever my friend.. very clever. the first two are definitely keepers!