And the Packing Begins....

I believe most people that read my blog know that I am moving to Chicago in late December or early January. I actually haven't sent out a mass email yet to people because 1) I don't know my permanent address yet and 2) until I find a place, the move won't feel secured. Anyway, I'm going on a house-hunting trip this weekend and since my aunt lives in Chicago, it's a great opportunity to take a bunch of stuff with me. So the last two days I have been packing. I have been PACKING! It didn't really hit me until I started packing that this move is actually going to happen and also that I haven't really EVER had to really move before.

Well I went off the college, I made the move in no less than 10 trips (since Stanford is so close to home). So it didn't really feel like I was moving. I guess it felt more like an extended trip I was going for a long time. When I moved to San Francisco, I fit all my belongings into my Toyota Carolla, so that didn't feel like a real move either. Needless to say the last two days have been weird. This is where I need your help. One of my New Year's Marinations is to write more things down. So, I have catalogged everything that I have packed thus far. I have one more day to pack and then of course I can bring some things when I actually fly out in January. So check out the list and tell me what I'm missing! (I didn't include clothes because that would just be boring to ya'll). So in all the moves that you have done, what are the things you wish you had brought along with you but forgotten? And what am I missing below???? TELL ME!

Chicago Packing List
---------------------------------------------
KITCHENWARE:
12 Spoons
12 Knives
12 Spoons
12 Serving Spoons
2 Spatulas
Tongs
Spoon Holder (Stove)
Wooden Spoon
Strainer
Cheese Grater
Egg beater

Fish Runthay Sauce Pan
Spaghetti Pots (4 qt.)
Square Skillet
Sauce Pan w/Lid (3 qt.)
Sauce Pan w/Lid (1 qt.)
Tiny Omelet Pan
Spaghetti Strainer (metal)
Random Bowl (off-white)
2 Random Marination Bowls
Indian Pan/Pot Cover


George Foreman Grill

Rice Cooker

Blender

Cutting Board (white)

DISHWARE:
8 Stanford Plastic Cups
5 Plates (w/ tan abstract design)

BEDROOMWARE:
Down Comforter (blue)
2 Bedsheets (Queen - bamboo pattern)
Bedsheet Set (tan w/ stripes)
4 Pillow Cases (turquoise)
2 Pillows (green)
Rough Throw Blanket
Flannel Throw Blanket (wild)
Gigantic Blanket (baby blue)


BATHROOM:
4 Large Towels

3 Medium Size Towel

6 Hand Towels

6 Wash Towels

1 Beach Towel (ridiculously large)

8 Irish Spring Bars (micro)

6 Irish Spring Bars (aloe)

ACT Mouthwash

Bodywash

Aquafresh Toothpaste

2 Agras (1 metal/1 plastic)

2 comments:

Riya said...

Can opener, I always forget it myself!

archana said...

off the top of my head...

kitchen - can opener (nice, riya), potato peeler, bottle opener, knifeset (when you say 12 knives, do you mean dinner knives or the kind you can prepare food with?), kettle, coffeemaker (if you're into coffee), mugs, dishtowels, oven mitts

bathroom - shower curtain, bathmat

general - ironing board and iron, cleaning supplies (broom, mop, toilet cleaner, all-purpose cleaner, dish detergent), laundry things (laundry basket, detergent, bounce, rolls of coins if you pay)